- Coordinate administrative support, including office management and Board member materials
- Assist with writing and editing organization’s annual publication, Voices from the Prairie
- Maintain and enhance council website and other social media
- Draft press releases and newsletter articles
- Investigate and write proposals for external funding
- Assist with updating applicant, grantee and HI program information activities on website
- Assist with grant application review
- Update and maintain directories
- Manage office database as needed, including general mailing list and other databases as assigned
- Assist with planning and preparation for Board meetings and events: logistics, notes, and meeting materials
- Manage the Speakers Bureau: Recruit, manage, select, and orient new speakers; respond to problems/complaints, evaluate and maintain quality of programs; promote speakers and the program; provide current information for the HI website manages speakers bureau resources within budget
- Serve as staff liaison to relevant Board committees
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Master’s degree in related field preferred
Experience Required and preferred:
- Strong writing, database and administration skills essential; Familiarity with non-profit and federal grants administration procedures.
- Must live in Iowa.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
Humanities Iowa is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran's status, or sexual preference, genetic information, and HIV/Aids status.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.