Humanities Iowa Speakers Bureau brings insightful lectures and programs in the humanities to various organizations in Iowa including:
- other organizations
The most common topics covered by our energetic humanities speakers include:
- Iowa history
Meet our speakers and read more about their presentations. Download the SpeakersBureauApplicationForm.pdf, or submit your application online. Send to HI at least ONE MONTH* before the date of your program. Please also include your payment via check or pay online. Online payments are through justgive.org, which is also used for donations. If not paying through JustGive, please include a copy of your receipt with your application via mail, fax, or email.
Details on how exactly to pay found on the How To Apply page; be sure to read it thoroughly.
How to Schedule a Speaker:
- At least two months before the date of your program, contact your preferred speaker directly, explaining that you are requesting a lecture through Humanities Iowa (HI) Speakers Bureau. Confirm that he/she is available on the date of your program. If the speaker you have chosen is not available, contact another speaker. Our staff will be happy to offer suggestions.
- Some speakers prefer to give talks only in the general region in which they live. If a speaker agrees to travel to your region, HI will compensate a speaker with a flat fee. No other travel costs will be covered by HI.
- It is important to remind the speakers you contact that the arrangement is tentative and depends on approval of an award from HI.
- Remember: Do not apply for a Humanities Iowa Speakers Bureau presentation until you have contacted the speaker. Your application will not be processed by HI if you have not contacted your speaker first to determine his/her availability and eligibility.
- Complete the HI Speakers Bureau Application form or apply online (linked at top of page) and send it to HI at least ONE MONTH before the date of your program. Please also include your payment via check or pay online. Online payments are through justgive.org, which is also used for donations. Please include a copy of your receipt with your application via mail, fax, or email. It is important to plan ahead! Allow enough time for publicity – we want you to have a successful event with an audience of at least 20 people.
- Await notification from HI stating that HI has approved your application.
For questions, please contact us.
**Please contact our Program Officer if you have missed the one month deadline.